[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_post_title meta=”off” _builder_version=”3.0.105″][/et_pb_post_title][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.21.4″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.21.4″][et_pb_accordion module_class=”listformat1″ _builder_version=”3.21.4″ z_index_tablet=”500″ saved_tabs=”all”][et_pb_accordion_item title=”Blog Disclosure” open=”on” _builder_version=”3.21.4″ title_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”0em” title_text_shadow_vertical_length=”0em” title_text_shadow_blur_strength=”0em” body_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”0em” body_text_shadow_vertical_length=”0em” body_text_shadow_blur_strength=”0em”]
- This policy is valid from 20 March 2016
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Jennifer Hibbard at the link above.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
- The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own.
- Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- Yellow Brick Road Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to (“Yellow Brick Road” (amazon.com, or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com).
To best support the activities you participate in on my website, I am able to record some information in order to give you the best experience possible. There are two main ways this information is collected:
- When you opt-in to my email list (subscribe for a freebie, etc.) your email is added to my main mailing list and may also be added to another email sequence that you have shown interest in (sub plans, ukulele strategies, etc.) This information is only collected when you voluntarily submit the information to me! You may opt out of my mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in any email or by emailing me.
- When you use the website, we may also collect technical and routing information. We use this information to better understand and measure our website traffic patterns. We use this information so that we know which areas of our sites are favorites of our readers and which areas need improvement so we can constantly improve. All information is collected in aggregate form, without identifying you or any user individually. We may use this non-identifying statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing, or similar promotional purposes. We also use this information for advertising on Facebook and Pinterest.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our site. These companies may use Personal Data and other information (but not your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on this or other websites. Read more information about this practice at http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.aboutads.info/choices to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” This site routinely uses all four categories of cookies on the Service. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, whether you made an edit to an article on the Service while logged out, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways, such as customizing the toolbars we offer in the right column of every page. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting Cookies. This site, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than wikiHow. This information may be shared with organizations outside of this site such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to this site, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for this site, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
[/et_pb_accordion_item][et_pb_accordion_item title=”Contact” _builder_version=”3.21.4″ open=”off”]